How to use search operators to limit search results in Mac OS X Mail:
- Press Command-Alt-F in Mac OS X Mail’s main window.
- Type the desired search terms, using the following operators if needed:
- from: find email senders, use quotation marks to specify names,see below for examples.
- to: find email recipients.
- date: find emails by date.
- subject: find email subjects.
You can combine search operators (from: firstname.lastname@example.org date:yesterday, for instance), but you cannot combine them using “OR” and “NOT”. For this, and more advanced searches, you can use Spotlight.
Use Mac OS X Mail Search Operators to Find Mail in Spotlight